Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and apply the fundamental concepts of music computing including digital synthesis, algorithmic composition, and musical interface design.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and performance issues around computer music interfaces.
- Critically examine computer music systems and laptop ensemble performances.
- Create a computer musical instrument, composition or interactive sound artwork and present it in concert.
- Demonstrate collaboration skills with a laptop ensemble through design feedback and critical self-reflection.
Semester 2 2022 details
- Mode of Delivery: on-campus
- Prerequisites: 12 units of 2000-level courses from computing (COMP coded) or from a creative arts discipline.
- Course Convener: Charles Martin
- Tutor: Yichen Wang