I am a Research Fellow in the Software Innovation Institute at the Australian National University. My primary area of research is preserving the privacy of individuals through different techniques including distributed machine learning, differential privacy, and federated learning. I am also interested in the area of privacy-preserving record linkage (PPRL) especially in developing different privacy attacks on PPRL techniques.
Currently, I am working under the supervision of Prof. Graham Williams.
My research interests generally lie in the areas of data privacy and security, data mining, privacy-preserving record linkage, distributed machine learning, differential privacy, and federated learning.
- Anushka Vidanage, Thilina Ranbaduge, Peter Christen, Rainer Schnell. 2020. “A Graph Matching Attack on Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage”. In ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), Ireland, 1485–1494.
- Anushka Vidanage, Thilina Ranbaduge, Peter Christen, Sean Randall. 2020. “A Privacy Attack on Multiple Dynamic Match-key based Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage”. In International Journal of Population Data Science (IJPDS), 5 (1).
- Anushka Vidanage, Thilina Ranbaduge, Peter Christen, Rainer Schnell. 2019. "Efficient Pattern Mining Based Cryptanalysis for Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage". In IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), Macau, 1698-1701.
- Thilina Ranbaduge, Anushka Vidanage, Sirintra Vaiwsri, Rainer Schnell, Peter Christen. 2018. “Evaluating hardening techniques against cryptanalysis attacks on Bloom filter encodings for record linkage”. In International Journal of Population Data Science (IJPDS), 3 (4).
- Peter Christen, Anushka Vidanage, Thilina Ranbaduge, Rainer Schnell. 2018. “Pattern mining based cryptanalysis of Bloom filters for privacy-preserving record linkage”. In Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD), Melbourne, 530-542.
- Anushka Vidanage, Isuru Dharmadasa, Buddika Jayasinghe, Chamath Keppitiyagama. 2016. "Reusing discarded-smartphone capabilities on quadcopters: The rationale, benefits and issues". In International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer), Negombo, 229-236.
- Australia–Germany joint research cooperation scheme fund, 2021 and 2022.
German academic exchange service (DAAD)
- SIGIR student travel grant, (2020)
Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIIKM)
The Visualise Your Thesis (VYT) competition finalist, (2020) [See presentation here]The Australian National University
3MT People's Choice Award and College Level Winner (2019) [See presentation here]Three Minute Thesis competitionThe Australian National University
ANU Postgraduate Research Scholarship (2017)The Australian National University
ANU HDR Merit Scholarship (2017)The Australian National University
Professor V. K. Samaranayake Medal for the Most Outstanding Graduate of UCSC (2015)University of Colombo School of Computing
Best Final Year Project Award for the 4th year research project (group) (2015)University of Colombo School of Computing
Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology (Honours) - 1st ClassUniversity of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC), Sri Lanka - http://ucsc.cmb.ac.lk2011 - 2016
LecturerThe Australian National UniversityPresent - 2021
Tutor (Casual Sessional Academic)The Australian National University2021 - 2018
Research OfficerThe Australian National UniversityPresent - 2019
Teaching InstructorUniversity of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC)2016 - 2017
Entrepreneur, Software and Web DeveloperThink Abstract Solutions (PVT) Ltd.2014 - 2017