Project - Gatsby Full Stack Developer
Gatsby is revolutionising Australia’s beverage supply chain and nightlife experience through real-time data analytics and personalised venue discovery. Facilitated through our core functionality of providing bars and clubs a seamless promotion solution We have launched a MVP at a short collection of venues and we would like to develop new features and internal tools to facilitate our expansion across Canberra, wider Australia and Internationally.
- Creating a metrics dashboard to analyse purchase trends across our range of associated venues
- Full stack development for our mobile app, working on adding social media functionality such as instant messaging.
- Expanding upon our backend infrastructure to support more POS systems
- Prototyping a venue/events recommendation system that takes into consideration a user’s purchasing habits and their music taste based on Spotify API integration
The intern will have an opportunity to work on all parts of the systems required to support a production mobile app, according to their capability, and the freedom to focus on the aspects that most capture their interest.
Required technical skills
- Node JS
- React Native
- Mongo DB
- REST APIs
Required/preferred professional and other skills
- Presentation skills
- Growth Mindset
- Eagerness to Learn
We are happy to host a student in any location
Project’s Special Requirements/ Conditions
Type of internship
How to apply
Applications will be invited only from those students who have been confirmed as the eligible students to apply for the Computing Internship courses COMP3820 or COMP4820 or COMP8830 in the Main Round but unsuccessful to secure a placement in the Main Round.
No new applications will be accepted, see information available on the Computing Internship page.
Eligible students will receive the Supplementary Project Submission Form page between Wednesday 7th November to Wednesday 15th November via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can nominate multiple preferred Internship projects and host organisations through the one online application form.
As you have already submitted your resume in the Main Round, for the Supplementary Round Application will require you to upload only the following documents.
- An Expression of Interest (limit 350 words) for each organisation you wish to apply to (for organisations with multiple projects only submit one Expression of Interest but state clearly which project/s you wish to be considered for).
Semester 1 2024 Supplementary Project Submissions open on Wednesday 8th November 2023 to Wednesday15th November 2023.