- Records And Information Management (Excl. Business Records And Information Management)
- Neural, Evolutionary And Fuzzy Computation
- Concurrent Programming
- Natural Language Processing
- Processor Architectures
- Information Systems Organisation
- Performance Evaluation; Testing And Simulation Of Reliability
- Reaction Kinetics And Dynamics
- Expert Systems
- Artificial Intelligence And Image Processing
- Library And Information Studies
- Other Information And Computing Sciences
Research Interests Ultrasound simulation, GPU Computing, parallel computation, AI and Law
Research Outline My research focus is on employing novel architectures, such as GPUs, and FPGAs, for computationally intensive tasks. I have applied this to domains including computational chemistry and ultrasound simulation.
Research Description Modern computer systems have become enormously powerful in terms of their floating point and memory bandwidth performance. However, harnessing this enormous computational power in systems such as graphics processing units (GPUs) is difficult. My research aim is to enable programmers to more easily harness this computational power particularly for scientific applications such as ultrasound simulation. I currently teach Computer Graphics and Operating System.