Her research interests primarily lie in:
- Engineering software applications over Social Linked Data (SOLID) server technology and Personal Online Data Stores (PODs)
- Analytics and data mining over distributed PODs
- Indigenous data sovereignty and Indigenous education
- Consent management at scale to give individuals granular control of dynamic consent
- Data systems for complex governance collaborations
If you are interested in working in any one of these areas, please review the area and semd me an idea.
Dr Moore is the Chief Operating Officer and applied data scientist of the Software Innovation Institute, which is developing data science analytics and software engineering solutions in the ed tech and health tech sectors collaborating with partners that require research and engineering with new computing technologies in data privacy, knowledge graphs and machine learning for public good applications. Dr Moore supervises SII project research and engineering teams, manages engagement and impact with clients, and trains students participating in these projects to prepare our graduates to work with these new technologies.
Jess has a PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics (Galactic Dynamics) from the ANU and BSc Hons (Physics) from University of Melbourne.
Activities & Awards
- Graduate, Founder’s Institute Pre-seed Accelerator Program (2013)
- Australian Government Medallion for Outstanding Achievement (2008)
- Joan Duffield PhD Scholar, Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics, Australian National University (1999)
- Non-executive Director, Trumpf Software (2019-2021)
- Non-executive Director, YWCA of Canberra (2014-2016)
- Organising Committee Industry Chair, Australasian Data Mining Conference, Sydney (2022 - current)
- Member, Australian Linked Data Working Group (2022 - current)
- Member (former Secretary), Australian Institute of Physics ACT Branch Committee (2021 - current)
- Member, Higher Degree Scholarship Committee, School of Computing, Australian National University (2021 – current)
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee, School of Computing, Australian National University (2021 – current)
- CECC Representative for ANU Social Inclusion and Diversity Working Group (2020 - 2022)
- SII (later SOCO) Representative for ANU CECC Community & Inclusion Committee (2019 - 2021)