The ANU planning group is continuously seeking qualified PhD candidates and occasionally postdocs, depending on funding availability. Check individual researchers’ webpages for current openings. Opportunities for dual PhD degrees or co-tutelle arrangements with collaborating groups may also be available, allowing for a joint degree from two universities. See below for our research topics.
- Classical Planning
- Hierarchical Planning
- Heuristic Search
- Planning under Uncertainty
- Multi-Objective Planning
- Temporal Planning
- Learning Planning Models
- Deep Learning for Planning
- Generalised Planning
- Explainable Planning
- Ethics in Planning
- Theoretical Foundations of Planning
- Robot Motion Planning
- Applications of Planning (physics, space, aeronautics, energy)
Canberra and ANU
- Our beautiful city has been named in the top 3 healthiest and most innovative cities to live in!
- ANU is ranked 34th in the world and 1st in Australia by QS World University Rankings (July 2023).
- Postdocs (level B) salaries: AUD $103K-118K + 17% superannuation.
- PhD scholarships: minimum AUD $34K tax-free.
Please Join Us!
If you’re interested in a postdoc or PhD position, browse the list of ANU academics specializing in planning below and review their profiles. Contact those you’re interested in working with. Note that only a few may have open positions, and these may not always be listed on their individual webpages.
+61 2 6125 0322
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.36
+61 2 6125 7107
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.15
+61 2 6125 4001
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.22
HDR Convener Intelligent Systems
+61 2 6125 1812
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.18
SmartSat CRC Chair in Advanced Space System Autonomy, Intelligence and Decision Making
+61 2 6125 1577
CSIT Building 108, Office N325
CSIT Building 108, Office N315
+61 2 6125 8678
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.23
+61 2 6125 7542
Hanna Neumann Building 145, Office 3.20